Anubis Pharah from Overwatch by Germia

I've chosen this cosplay, because I share a lot of similarities with Pharah - my height and overall presence, hair and eyes and curves. I love making armor and I wanted to work on this armor full of electronics, move to another level, learn new things and overcome challenges and exceed expectations. This cosplay has a big potential with dark, hard to paint and shade color, modern comic-like shapes, and a lot of moving parts.
I also love to play Overwatch and when I do, I totally go for Pharah, or her mother Anna. They are most fun to play!
I've chosen this skin of Pharah, since I love black color and black-golden combination even more, it is challenging to make black armor in cosplay, since you have to use different shading techniques and I love Anubis as a character of Egyptian mythology. I think this skin represents Pharah's character the most and is the most beautiful and fitting skin in the whole game.


ORIGINAL CHARACTER:


























Before you start reading more, check out my other articles about Pharah:

MOVING WINGS
SHOOTING GUN
WING AND GUN PATTERNING
PATTERNING GUIDE
CORSET TUTORIAL
WIG GUIDE
HANZO DRAGON PROPS
SERVOS IN PHARAH COSPLAY - coming soon

1) Helmet

This helmet was so hard to make! The shapes were really hard to imitate and with every step I made towards finishing it, I was more scared it won't look good nore fit - but it worked - I always try to measire things according to my height - if you display the picture of your character on your monitor and you are 180 cm high, make the character 18 cm big on your screen and measure all the parts of the cosplay accordingly and transfer these measurements into real life.
I started the helmet by making the base, that looked kinda like a supervillain helmet and it was just moosgummi wrapped in worbla from outer side. It simulated the black parts that appear on sides of Pharah's face. Then I attached more and more moosgummi in worbla piecesonto it, starting with nose - I followed the referrences and animations in game where you can see the helmet from different angles and tried to simulate the angles and shape of all the helmet pieces.
Later I made the bottom part of the helmet movable by disconnecting it from upper part and connecting it again with rubber bands.
Last part of the base were the ears and small wings - EVA foam from poly-props.com wrapped in brown worbla again. I also inserted two LED diods inside the eyes to make them shine. The light is more orange than other lights on her armor, so I kept track of this too. All the wiring can be seen on the pictures. I glued golden foil used for giftbags under the diod to reflect the light from the helmet out and to cover the LED diods, I modelled a small eye shape from modelling clay and formed transpaArt worbla on it with heat. then I painted it yellow from inside and filled with merilon for better light difusion. Last thing was to glue it inside.

Then I covered the whole helmet in latex cement to get rid of the bulky surface of worbla and painted the whole helmet with black acrylic base color by Lukas and Artemiss. I decorated it then with black metallic custom made color by Artemiss and golden color by Pebeo.














2) Leg armor

I've tried to simulate the cartoonish shpaes of Pharah's leg armor, so I tried to articulate the shape as much as I could.
It is made from 0,5cm thick EVA foam and decorated with engraving tool, painted with the same acrylics as the helmet ;)













3) Wig


I have decided to buy rather a longer wig, that could be styled and cut to fit Pharah instead of buying a wig, that looked kinda like the length I need, since I've learned the hard way by my cosplay of Paladin, that the wigs always look longer on the pictures - see my article about cosplay wigs for more info.
And as you can see, I've bought a 60 cm long wig, that is much more than I actually needed, because Pharah's hair is reaching up to her shoulders. But I liked the bangs, the seller feedback, the color and the pictures, so I decided to rather style and cut it myself. I cut the wig and took two straps of hair right next to the bangs and braided them and then I glued my beads made out of black polymer clay and silver acrylics to them. I kinda thinned my wig this way - because I took a lot of hair from my wig and used them for the braids, but the wig is really nice and can handle it - it still looks really natural. I bought it for around 250 Kč = 9 Euro.

4) Panties

 I've made the pants from two different EVA foam parts made from 1cm thick foam by poly-props. The parts are shaped into the right shape by foam gluing and cutting. I connected the parts together with velcros and rubberbands to be able to move in that.




5) Gloves

The gloves were made from black satin ball gloves. I made the finger parts from doublelayered black worbla, cut them into the right shape, heated them on my finger and glued them with hotglue gun to the glove. Then I made the thumb part from 0,5cm EVA foam and upper part from 1cm EVA foam dremmeled it down in the shape. Then I added lines with engraving tool and painted it with acrylics.




















5) Breastplate

I've used 1 cm foam for the base made from 4 different parts on which I added 4 upper pieces, each made from 2 part 1cm EVA foam. I demmeled down the buttons on the side parts and glued round buttons made from 0,5 foam on the dremmeled parts. I glued the LED light circuit on the base and covered it with merilon pieces and simple yellow paper foil, that I glued with hot glue.
It stays on it's place because of velcros on the bottom side, that attach to the corset and velcros on the sides, that attach into the backpack.


Photo: Milos Mlady photography

6) Biceps armor


Biceps armor was really easy to make - it is just a piece of 1cm foam connected with velcros and wrapped around my arm, painted with black and metallic black acrylic color.



7) Thigh armor

 I've started with wrapping my thigh with food foil and tape and drawn the base of the thigh armor ony this pattern. I wanted to put rockets in there as Pharah in game has, but her leg is non existent, since her leg is robotic, so fer rocket compartments in inside her thigh, not on the surface of the thigh as a normal person would have. So I've made the pasic base from 0,5cm EVA foam and then started to make the cover of the rockets. I reinforced the cover with worbla, becuase only foam was flapping too much. I  glued the wing cover to a strap on one side and the strap was glued to some layers of foam sticked on each other, that held on the base. Under this foam tower (seen on the painting picture) there were all the rockets allocated and glued.  The wing cover holds on it's place because of 4 small velcro pieces holding on the base and on the borders of the cover. Then I glued the topo side of the thigh armor onto the base. I also made the hip decoration from 1cm foam. Then I made the decoartion pattern on it with engraving tool and painted it all with acralics. LAter I added a small details - a ventilation ribbing on the top of the armor made out of a long strip of moosgummi cut into shape and painted with silver acrylics.































8) Corset


I've used an old black cotton fabric underglued with unvowen fabric to make a really dense and stiff corset, that I would glue the foam parts on. I've reinforced them with plastic sew through reinforcements and it can be laced up on the back.

I've made patterns from paper on my figourine, transfered them on the foam, cut the foam out and dremmeled the  borders to be round shape. I've glued first the upper layer from black moosgummi and added pieces from top to bottom. Then I cut the sticking out pieces of the corset on the bottom, Then I added the ribbing on the sides from moosgummi, velcros for sticking the breastplate on, buttons from 0,5cm EVA foam. I've used max 0,5. EVA foam thick for the corset since you want to have as slim waist as possible, so I decided to not use thicker foam.



 9) Boots

I've bought short shoe on a small platform in black color with a bigger tip. The platform is not necessary for this costume (it is not so big tbh), but even a smaller platform makes your posture better and posing easier. I've patterned to shoe and wrapped it in black moosgummi, that I painted with brown base color and then rich gold acrylic color. I then made all the foam decorations from 0,5 cm EVA foam, that you can glue with hot glueto the boots. Foam pieces were then painted wioth black and metalliec black and rich gold for details.


10) Right bracer

Right bracer was much more complicated, since I implemented rocket launching systeme into it.I've started as always with paper patterns, that I adjusted till I was completely satisfied with the result. I then transfered them onto foam, glued the foam with contact glue together and started working on the rocket+launcher. I made the base out of stiff paper roll and the lunch button from clothes pin. I wrapped the base construction in worblato make it stiffer and added worbla tip for the pin, that would go into the roll. That would go through the rocket and hold it on it's place. I've added a rubber band into construction, that would propell the rocket out of the tube. And that is how it works. I glued the whole thing onto the bracer, added foam borders, painted the whole thing with black base color and then with metallic colors( black silver and gold).


11) Left bracer 

Left bracer was a little easier, it is the same process as with the right bracer, only it has no rocket launcher and has just some more decoration on it. It can be opened and closed on one side with hidden velcro straps.














12) Neck armor


A lot of people haven't noticed there is some neck amor for Pharah, but if you watch closely, you will see a collar like construction. In my cosplay, it bonds pieces of armor together - it holds pauldron on it's place and it holds the upper part of the breastplate on place. All with the help of velcros. It was made out of 1cm foam, dremmeled into the right shape and painted gold with acrylics.

13) Golden creelings

On some places, you can spot, that Pharah has golden color on her joints, so I decided to sew creelings, that I put on my legs and arms. I just needed rich golden stretchy fabric (Lamé). Don't forget to make a stretchy seam joints when sewing it on your machine (I sewed it by hand).


14) Rockets




 Did you know Pharah has an awful lot of rockets on her body? She has smaller blue rockets in her gun (more about the rocket launcher in this article) and thicker rockets in her pauldrons and her thigh armor.
I've made all the rockets from paper - I just rolled thick paper, covered it in papermache and decorated with foam/moosgummi, paint and engraving tool.
The thicker rockets have top and bottom, which are made from bottle caps, The bottom bottle caps have modelling clay inside, the top bottlecaps are airbrushed into metallic red.
The rockets in pauldrons are just airbrushed bottlecaps glued into the pauldron construction.

















15) Pauldrons, gun, wings + backpack

All those parts of the costume have their own dedicated article, since there were much more difficult to do than the other parts - find them on the start of this article!







This article was made with support of my Patrons on my Patreon! There will be no time doing this without them!
I hope this article will be useful for someone and if yes, you can follow my work on cosplay (and other stuff) on my FACEBOOK PAGE or TWITTER or INSTAGRAM.



and if you like this stuff I do, you can support my work by donating on my PATREON.




Yours


Germia

Penulis : germia ~ Sebuah blog yang menyediakan berbagai macam informasi

Artikel Anubis Pharah from Overwatch by Germia ini dipublish oleh germia pada hari středa 4. října 2017. Semoga artikel ini dapat bermanfaat.Terimakasih atas kunjungan Anda silahkan tinggalkan komentar.sudah ada 0 komentar: di postingan Anubis Pharah from Overwatch by Germia
 

0 komentářů:

Okomentovat